Although the subtitle suggests this is for women, it is a complete comprehensive book of fiqh for both men and women who want to learn their deen/religion.
From the Introduction:
Dear Muslim brother and sister, it is my sincere intention to present you with a comprehensive book that addresses those matters of your life and religion that are essential in facilitating your role as a parent, teacher and nurturer. I have collected, in this work, the views of great scholars (and imams) who have preceded us in their knowledge, laborious endeavors, and virtue. This book has two very important and distinct qualities:
- Easy to read, succinct and direct.
- The 'question and answer' layout of the book is intended to facilitate effortless comprehensibility and swift memorization. I endeavored to cover all topics deemed necessary whilst also recording all that is useful and comprehensive.
Click Here to View Sample Pages
The general contents of the book are:
- An introduction to the status of women in Islam
- Book of Islamic creed (Aqidah) and related matters such as Islamic monotheism (Tawheed), faith, topics relating to death, the resurrection, and entrance into Paradise or Hell.
- Book of Purification (according to a number of schools of legal thought [madhabs])
- Book of Ritual Prayer (in accordance with the Shafi'i school of legal thought)
- Book of Charity (in accordance with the Shafi'i school of legal thought)
- Book of Fasting (in accordance with the Shafi'i school of legal thought)
- Book of Pilgrimage (in accordance with the Shafi'i school of legal thought, although the legal opinions of other schools are also mentioned).
- Book of Oaths and Vows, Slaughtering, Hunting, Dressings, Adornment, etc.
- Islamic rulings on family matters, Marriage, Divorce, Inheritance, etc.
- Book of Transactions - starting from business transactions, bartering, forward buying, pre-emption; and Islamic rulings relating to contract and lending, as well as rulings pertaining to criminal offences, etc.
- Book of Etiquette and Conduct (and related topics).
- Book of Battles and Uprisings (Signs of the Hour); this topic is particularly important especially in light of contemporary problems.
- Book of Female Role Models (may Allah be pleased with them)
It is in view of the 'questions and answers' format that I have concluded this encyclopedia to be easy to read and comprehensive, hoping that it will enable every Muslim to be well informed about matters concerning their religion which will in turn strengthen their faith & confidence. The encyclopedia will also provide the reader with reliable knowledge based upon the Book of Allah, the Sunnah of His Messenger and the sayings of our righteous predecessors.
In conclusion, I sincerely call upon Allah to make this work of mine purely for His pleasure as well as a benefit for all Muslims. I also ask that He bless me, my parents, my offspring and my brethren in faith with well-being in our religion and worldly life.
|Cover Type||Hard Cover|
|Number of Pages||1681|
|Author/Artist||Yusuf Al-Hajj Ahmad|
|Manufacturer||Dar us Salam|